9/30/2010

Inspiration: Graham Johnson Cultural Arts Endowment

This video will forever change your outlook on life. When I first watched it, I felt tears in my eyes because Mr Johnson really got it on the nail: What most of us do in everyday life, what we have been programmed to do, is always planning our next move, always making plans for the near future and never really living in the present. We are on an autopilot, hurrying through life, getting from A to B to C and back to A, never settling down. Never taking a break. Never living in the present.

And the saddest thing in the world is that once we get ''there'', whatever ''there'' means for us (promotion, a new boyfriend, a new husband, a bigger house, cooler shoes), we are not really satisfied with it. It is not enough. It is never enough. We want more because inside we are like a bottomless pit. We want everything. And we want it now. Our life has to be perfect. We have to be perfect and give it our all. And once we give it our all, guess what happens? It is still not enough.

I will never forget what Helena Summer Medena, EFT coach, told me, when I attended one of her workshops here in Slovenia. That was my rude awakening because as a hardcore perfectionist, I was chronically dissatisfied with myself and with life that I was leading. Always planning my next move. Always hoping for my lucky break but that lucky break never came. She said: ''You have to be happy with what you have now because if you are not, you will never be happy, no matter what you get and what you achieve, Teja.''

And that, my friends, is what life is all about.

Check out Graham Johnson's video (you will love his southern drawl:))

and check out his webpage

and check out Helena's delicious webpage

Love,

Teja

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)