2/18/2014

TUTORIAL:How to Remove Candle Wax from a Glass Jar

This DIY project is so easy, you will be whistling a Demi Lovato tune while doing it:)

You'll need:
1 large glass bowl
2l of boiling hot water
some liquid soap
a sponge

I got this super nice smelling scented candle for Christmas from a friend and I loved the design! I burnt the candle til the end and then, I was left with this:
So, the candle jar was in a pretty bad shape, but I still thought the design was cute, so I googled ''How to remove candle wax'' and I watched a DIY video on Youtube. I was actually surprised at how easy it was! For some reason, I thought it was going to be messier:) So, I thought it would be nice to share this tutorial with you guys:)

So, here it goes: Put the glass jar into a glass bowl and pour boiling hot water into the glass bowl, and wait for 20-30 minutes until the old wax and the old glue from the stickers is dissolved.
See how the wax is slowly coming off and there is nothing left but the silver cored wick that has been glued on the bottom of the glass? The heat dissolves the glue on the bottom as well:)

Now take a sponge and some soap and scrub, scrub, scrub til you have a nice clean jar:)

Special tip: Fill the half of the jar with rice (I used red rice in the photo because I find white rice boring) - and stick your makeup brushes into it. That way, they will stand on their own and they'll come more handy when you need them:)


I hope you found this post useful, feel free to comment on it;)

Love,

Teja xoxox

Follow me on:

Facebook / Instagram / Bloglovin / Polyvore / Twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)