5/30/2014

Tutorial: How to Make a Lavender Bundle


This is one of my favorite things to do in the entire world because it's so friggin relaxing. I swear, the lavender scent itself is enough to calm the most nervous of people. I would actually suggest doing this after a stressful day to unwind:)

Lavender has been used for centuries for its calming effects. It is beneficial for any stress-related symptoms, from headaches to anxiety. Interestingly, as a special bonus, it also keeps the moths at bay from your closets. And yep, you've guessed it: my closet is filled with little lavender pouches carefully placed here and there, but mostly stuffed between my woolen sweaters. A total must have for any self-respecting fashionista:)



Note to the reader: Make sure that the lavender you're using is fresh. This is very important as dry lavender stems are very fragile.
Step 1: Remove leaves from lavender stems, leaving them completely naked.
Step 2: Tie a big bunch of stems together with a strong twine, making sure that the lavender blossoms are in even line and turn the whole bunch upside down. Once again, the lavender blossoms are supposed to be hanging down. Spread the stems evenly around. If you're experiencing problems with this, put your finger in the middle of the bunch, where the twine is holding the stems together and gently jiggle your finger till the stems are evenly spread.
Step 3: Fold the stems backwards, making sure they are covering most of the lavender blossoms.
Again, they should be folded backwards evenly.
Step 4: Tie a pretty bow around your bundle and evenly cut off the bottom part of the stems.

I hope you found this post helpful.

Let me know:)

Love,

Teja xoxo

Follow me on:

Facebook / Instagram / Bloglovin / Polyvore / Twitter

2 comments :

  1. Lovely idea! Thanks for sharing :)
    I really like your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know! xx

    Lots of love, A
    Head Enough

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)