9/03/2014

DIY: Jewelry Hanger

I have been living in my new apartment for almost two years now and the blank wall next to my bed has always been bothering me and I couldn’t quite figure out what to do with it. Do I paint it? No, because the wall opposite has already been painted. Do I make a collage of photos and hang them on it? No, because that would make it too busy and I want my bedroom to be my place of Zen. The problem are two radiator pipes which kind of tie my hands in terms of creativity.

Then it hit me – what if I incorporated the problematic radiator pipes into my new DIY project? I went to OBI hardware store faster than you can say ‘’Soul Fishing.’’

I have to admit, I never imagined having fun while shopping in the hardware store. And the best bit is that there is almost 90% only male customers! Okay, yes, it’s true that they are somewhat old… and grey-haired… and… beer-bellied… you know what? Let’s get back to my DIY project!



If you go to aisle number 61 on the right, you’ll find hooks of all shapes and sizes (even the ones that the butchers use for hanging meat… with the pointy ends and all!). Unfortunately, OBI did not have the ones that would match the diameter of my radiator pipes, so I choose the mini brass ones and decided that was going to make a little loop from string on the pipe, and then hang the hooks from it. Any ordinary wax string would do.
Honestly, this DIY is dead easy and it takes about 5 minutes all together, maybe extra five if you count disentangling your tangled necklacesJ
Hope you enjoyed this post!

Love,

Teja xoxo

Follow me on:


2 comments :

  1. Super si zapolnila to praznino pa še cevi radiatorja naredila uporabne ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V bistvu si ne bi nikoli mislila, da bi cevi radiatorja bile takšen estetski ''pripomoček.'' Zdaj ko sem se šetala gor in dol po obiju sem kar nekaj idej dobila za dekoracijo cevi:) lol!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)