12/08/2014

The Christmas Vintage Fair

 Whenever there's a vintage fair organized by VintageVikend in Ljubljana, I get so excited because I know it’s going to be good! And this one was no exception, I mean ‘’Christmas’’ and ‘’Vintage’’? These two words I like used together!




I think that such vintage fairs are a great place to come and get inspired and maybe do some last minute Christmas shopping because you never know what you’re going to find and who you’re going to meet – Ljubljana is so small! I also like the fact that such things are pretty low key. Vintage fairs are still not the ‘’it’’ thing in Slovenia, they are not a part of the Slovene mainstream culture, so most people don’t know about them.

On the one hand, this is great because there’s more stuff for you to choose from, but on the other, it also has its drawbacks; Slovene artists and vintage dealers with potential may not get the recognition they would deserve. That’s why I’ve decided to blog about them, and leave it to you, guys, to decide, which you like the bestJ
The Christmas Vintage Fair was taking place at the POLIGON CreativeCentre.
I fell in love with these vintage brooches from VintageVikend, aren't they beautiful?
Lovely bits and bobs from VintageGalerija
Remember Ema from EB redesign
We have already collaborated on the perfect Valentine giveaway
A sparkly clutch from 2nd Hand Rabljena Rwba
New Slovene Furniture Designer alert - I fell in love with Mellow Moose Station, a young duo, Matej and Ajda, from the Mediterranean region, that shows great promise. They upcycle old furniture pieces and give them a contemporary twist, usually with some sort of pattern, and I do love patterns! My two favorite pieces were the nightstand on the left, which looks like from a magazine, and the colorful nightstand on the right, along with a recycled vintage chair. Okay, technically, these are actually three pieces, but you know what I mean. 

I was so impressed with their design, that I purchased a wood and wool Christmas tree on the left, to DIY at home, will blog about it, I promise;)


I hope you had a fantastic weekend, don't forget to enter my Christmas giveaway, it's only one more day to go! :) Who will be the lucky winner?

Love,

Teja xoxox

1 comment :

  1. Dear Teja, You have confused us with Vintage Galerija as many people often do we are not one and the same. Thanks for posting your link on our timeline anyway. Have a great day! Barbara from Divas Vintage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I love them:)